Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Short stories and new directions

Fall is definitely on its way. The days are warm and sunny but the nights are cool and there is a bite in the air. I am writing this out on the deck, with a shawl over my shoulders. The tips of some of the trees are turning red and yellow and the farm stands are overflowing with vegetables. It’s a lovely time of year.

Something new – I’m wanting to try a couple of short stories. I wrote short stories at the beginning of my writing career, but nothing for years. I haven’t been able to come up with anything much in the way of an idea, so figure that I will just start and see what comes. If anything. Maybe nothing will, but at least I will have tried. When I spent some time with Peter Robinson at Wolfe Island last month he said that writing short stores really stretches him – makes him go in new directions as a writer.

I’ll let you know tomorrow how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment