Sunday, October 25, 2009

Once more - on the road

Yesterday was the Poisoned Pen Virtual Web Conference, and it appeared to be a huge success. I don’t know how many people participated, but there seemed to be a lot. I moderated a panel on Blog Talk Radio and we had more people listening in that I’ve had in a lot of real-live panels I’ve participated in.

From my POV at least it was pretty much bug-free, which had been my big concern. There were a few people who were having problems hearing etc. but they seemed few and far between.

So, if you didn’t participated be sure and keep an eye out next year. No word if it will be an annual event, but I think the pressure will be on.

From one thing to another. I start my east coast book tour with R.J. Harlick today. First stop is Brome Lake Books in Knowlton, Quebec. We were put onto the store by Louise Penny, as it is in her neighbourhood and they do a lot of events for Louise. I’m quite excited about visiting Louise Penny territory. Monday we have a day’s visit to Bishop’s University in Sherbrooke Quebec with two events and a book signing, and then back in the car for the drive to New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. The highlight of that will be the evening of Friday Oct. 30 when we’re participating in a mystery writers event at Mount Saint Vincent University. In between we have two library visits and several bookstores including Westminster Books in Fredericton. All details are posted on my web page. If you can make it, we’d love to see you.

Truth be told - I am not really in the mood for this trip. This is my third book this year, and it's too much. I have wonderful ideas for the new book I've been telling you about, and I just want to hunker down at home and work on it. I am sure I will have fun once I get on the road, because I do love doing book events, and Robin is a great friend.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment