Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Bad time to take a break

I am hard at work on my newest novel, tentatively titled Edward County. This is a big departure for me as it will be quite dark and dealing with important social and legal issues. I've really been whipping along. One day last week I wrote over 3000 works in about 3 hours. And they were mostly good words that stayed in during the edit the next day. The thing is, I had a very good idea in my head about the outline of this book. Up until about the 3/4 mark. And then I know nothing except "she takes matters into her own hands". As I write this, I still am not sure how she is going to be able to do that.

And now I'm breaking for Christmas. My family started to arrive yesterday. It's not that I CAN NOT write with guests in the house, it's really more a matter that I can't write with guests in the house. To much aware of what I should make for breakfast, or what I need to get at the store, and if I should start baking pies today or wait until tomorrow. I'll be taking a break from working on the book for about a week.

And not a good week to be breaking. I rely a lot on momentium when I write, the words keep coming, the ideas take shape as I pound away at the keyboard.

I am worried that when I get back to it next week, I'll sit here with no momentium behind me, lost in the great darkness that is 'writers' block'

We will see. In the meantime, I hope you have a fabulous Christmas and Santa is very good to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment