Monday, January 10, 2011

My reading

I don't often read crime non-fiction. I read mostly crime fiction, and some non-fiction.

When it comes to non-fiction I've been reading things to do with the politics of food (Locavore, Omnivore's Dilemma, Food Rules) and books that look at history to try to figure out where we are heading (Collapse, Empires of Food).

But this week I’ve left my comfort zone and am reading On the Farm, by Stevie Cameron. This is the story of Robert William Pickton, Canada most prolific (so far) serial killer. Pickton preyed on the down and out women of Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside for years while the police largely did nothing.

His victims were throwaway women.

It’s tough reading but stuff worth knowing, I think. I summarize my thoughts, in particular how it relates to my current interest, trafficking of women and children into the sex trade, today at Type M.

No comments:

Post a Comment