Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring Travels

One of the things I like best about being a writer is the travel. I love to go to new places to attend conferences and meet readers and fellow-authors and to go back to the places that I’ve enjoyed before.

This spring I have quite a bit of both lined up. I have a couple of people coming to house sit when I’m away, so hopefully there won’t be too, too much gardening for me when I finally settle back down.

I’ll be in New Mexico next week for Left Coast Crime. I’ve never been to New Mexico, but I’ve always wanted to and when I heard that one of my favourite conferences was going to be held in Santa Fe I jumped at the chance.

And, as long as I’m in New Mexico, might as well pop over to Scottsdale to visit the Poisoned Pen. I’ll be there, along with Canadian writers R.J. Harlick and Wayne Arthurson, on Tuesday March 29. The next day, Wednesday, R.J. and I are going to be visiting Lesa Holstine at the Teague Library in Glendale. I always love getting together with Lesa and talking books.

That evening I have the honour to be the guest speaker at the monthly meeting of the Scottsdale Society of Women Writers. I’ll be talking about the Simple Writer’s Life and how I’ve achieved it. (That’s the simple life of a writer, not the life of a simple writer).

I’ll barely be back from the South West when it’s time to get on the road again to join Mary Jane Maffini and Elizabeth Duncan in a road trip to North Carolina, to Maryland for Malice Domestic, and Pittsburgh for the Festival of Mystery which is definitely a must-do for me every year.

Back to Ontario with scarcely enough time to get the new house-sitter settled in, wash some laundry, and then I’m going to Ottawa for the launch party of Among the Departed on Monday May 9th and from there it’s points west ending in Victoria for Bloody Words.

All the details of my stops are on Book Tour, so if you’re in the neighbourhood, be sure and drop in and say hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment